chicken wirenoun [ U ]uk /ˈtʃɪk.ɪn ˌwaɪər/ us /ˈtʃɪk.ɪn ˌwaɪr/
Examples from literature
- Chicken wire on top, covered with grass and brushwood, completed the scenic protection.
- I've set out some young trees in the orchard, and unless I get chicken wire around them, my sheep will be barking them for me.
- Over the end of the last tile, which emptied into the brook, they wired a bit of rather fine-meshed chicken wire.
- Six-foot chicken wire will be high enough to enclose the run.
- Somebody found this out, and a net of chicken wire had been placed across the river in No Man's Land.