chimney stacknoun [ C ]uk /ˈtʃɪm.ni stæk/ us /ˈtʃɪm.ni stæk/ UK
Thesaurus: synonyms and related words
You can also find related words, phrases, and synonyms in the topics:
Examples from literature
- It was a sordid and grimy wilderness, topped with a gray maze of wires and pierced with thousands of chimney stacks.
- Over all, high chimney stacks and the aerials of a mighty wireless plant dominated the entire works.
- She was standing once more at her attic window looking across the roofs and chimney stacks upward to the blue sky of Paris.
- The chimney stack stood up above the roof like a little stone tower, and the daylight shone down from the top, under the slanting slates that kept out the rain.
- The pitch of the roof was flattened, the better to resist wind and storm, and through it arose the chimney stack.