Chinese lanternnoun [ C ]/ˌtʃaɪ.niːz ˈlæn.tən/ /ˌtʃaɪ.niːz ˈlæn.tɚn/
Examples from literature
- A Chinese lantern, swung high up above, shed down a soft radiance upon them.
- Among the trees of the gardens were ropes of lights and the soft color-spots of Chinese lanterns.
- Chinese lanterns, like giant fire-flies, swung in the trees and on many graceful boats.
- The sun had set, leaving a yellow glow in the sky, and the Chinese lanterns were beginning to glow in the gathering twilight.
- We decorated our house and grounds with Chinese lanterns and national flags for their reception.