chlorophyllnoun [ U ]uk /ˈklɒr.ə.fɪl/ us /ˈklɔːr.ə.fɪl/
Thesaurus: synonyms and related words
You can also find related words, phrases, and synonyms in the topics:
Examples from literature
- Chlorophyll gives the leaves their green color.
- In choosing spores for germination it is best to select those of large size and containing abundant chlorophyll, as they germinate more readily.
- The cells of the plant that are rich in chlorophyll have the power to convert carbonic-acid gas into carbon and oxygen.
- The chlorophyll of the leaves and the hemoglobin of the blood are similar in constitution.
- The outer cells of the ground tissue in the green branches contain chlorophyll, and the walls of some of them are thickened.