Christmas cardnoun [ C ]uk /ˈkrɪs.məs ˌkɑːd/ us /ˈkrɪs.məs ˌkɑːrd/
Examples from literature
- Each envelope contained a Christmas card with a text, and every child on Christmas morning found one laid ready on its plate at breakfast.
- I haven't told you, but she went out for her daily walk and brought me home a Christmas card, the prettiest one she could find, she said.
- It was such a day as is invariably depicted by artists on Christmas cards—the ideal Christmas Day of fiction.
- Pinned to the ribbon with a piece of holly was a Christmas card on which was printed in fancy lettering "A Christmas Thought."
- What a host of Christmas cards came in, on the morning mail, just preceding Christmas Day.