Christmas Evenoun [ C or U ]uk /ˌkrɪs.məs ˈiːv/ us /ˌkrɪs.məs ˈiːv/
Thesaurus: synonyms and related words
Examples from literature
- Every Christmas Eve, at midnight, the bells rang out the sacred chorus.
- It was Christmas Eve, and the great soft flakes of snow that fell continuously gave every indication of a white Christmas.
- It was Christmas Eve, with its loads a holly and mistletoe, and the town was very full of strangers who had come in from all parts of the country on account of the day.
- It was on Christmas Eve, you remember, he came to tell us.
- The next day was Christmas Eve.