chrysanthemumnoun [ C ]uk /krɪˈsænθ.ə.məm/ us /krəˈsænθ.ə.məm/
Examples from literature
- In November Annie's grave is snowy with white chrysanthemums.
- It was sunny, and the white chrysanthemums frilled themselves in the warmth.
- Maggie had decorated walls and chimney-piece and table with chrysanthemums from the garden, and autumn leaves and ivy from the hedgerows.
- She plucked a great white chrysanthemum bloom from a bunch she was carrying, flicked it laughingly in his face, and stuck it in his buttonhole.
- The cottage people here have those lovely pale salmon winter chrysanthemums in their gardens.