circle noun (SHAPE)
We sat in a circle.
- The teacher asked us to form a circle and join hands.
- She drew a geometric design of overlapping circles.
- Aim at the yellow circle in the centre of the board.
- Draw a circle 30 centimetres in circumference.
- Start by tracing around the base of a mug or small plate with a pencil to get a circle.
circle noun (GROUP)
- They're content to socialize with a very small circle of people.
- Dr Simpson was a member of the inner circle of government officials.
- She moves among a very small circle of people.
- I'm not keen on the circles he's mixing with.
- He has a wide circle of friends.
circle noun (UPPER FLOOR)
Thesaurus: synonyms and related words
You can also find related words, phrases, and synonyms in the topics: