circumstancenounuk /ˈsɜː.kəm.stɑːns/ us /ˈsɝː.kəm.stæns/
- The new circumstances compelled a change in policy.
- An unfortunate conjunction of circumstances led to his downfall.
- I'd planned a romantic evening together, but circumstances conspired against it - friends arrived unexpectedly and then Dave was called out to an emergency.
- The circumstances of her death have been hotly disputed.
- His tact was exemplary, especially considering the circumstances.
You can also find related words, phrases, and synonyms in the topics: