civilizationnounUK usually civilisation uk /ˌsɪv.əl.aɪˈzeɪ.ʃən/ us /ˌsɪv.əl.əˈzeɪ.ʃən/
civilization noun (DEVELOPED SOCIETY)
- We spent a week visiting the wonders of Ancient Greek civilization.
- I heard a radio programme recently all about the Aztec civilization in Central America.
- Historians still argue about what causes such a mighty civilization to collapse.
- I hated living in such an isolated place and longed to get back to civilization.
- Many different civilizations have left their mark on the country and its culture.
You can also find related words, phrases, and synonyms in the topics:
civilization noun (PROCESS)