clasp knifenoun [ C ]uk /ˈklɑːsp ˌnaɪf/ us /ˈklæsp ˌnaɪf/ UK US pocketknife
Thesaurus: synonyms and related words
Examples from literature
- A horn-handled clasp knife was lying in a pool of blood beside him.
- All carried clasp knives for cutting their food with, when serving in the field.
- From his leather belt hung a huge clasp knife and two small pistols.
- He opened and closed his clasp knife and was silent for several minutes.
- He took out his clasp knife, and after stripping off the papery outer shell, cut the onion into thick dewy slices.