classical adjective (MUSIC)
- The newcomer on the radio scene is a commercial station devoted to classical music.
- Some critics say he prostituted his musical skills by going into pop rather than staying with classical music.
- What do you want to listen to - jazz, classical or pop?
- I'm not very big on classical music.
- In the classical music world these days, authentic instruments are where it's at.
classical adjective (TRADITIONAL)
Thesaurus: synonyms and related words
You can also find related words, phrases, and synonyms in the topics:
classical adjective (CULTURE)
adverb uk /ˈklæs.ɪ.kəl.i/ us /ˈklæs.ɪ.kəl.i/
Classic: adjectiveClassic means ‘high quality’. In particular, we use it to mean something that is valued because it has a traditional style: …
Classic: nounWe can use a classic and the classics to refer to the greatest and most famous works of literature from the past: …