classmatenoun [ C ]uk /ˈklɑːs.meɪt/ us /ˈklæs.meɪt/
Examples from literature
- She wrote a song against cyberbullying, and she sang it with other classmates in an educational program for her school.
- The bully had a lot of power over his classmates.
- His classmates began to call him "old know-it-all."
- Julia and one of Peter's classmates were just behind us.
- Miriam and her three particular friends were carefully avoided by their classmates.
- My friend and classmate, George H. Thomas, was there, in command of a brigade in the leading division.
- The two were intimate at that time,—they had been classmates—and saw a great deal of each other.