cleanlinessnoun [ U ]uk /ˈklen.li.nəs/ us /ˈklen.li.nəs/
Thesaurus: synonyms and related words
Examples from literature
- From external appearance, eggs can be selected for size, color, cleanliness of shell and freedom from cracks.
- If cleanliness is next to godliness, then a parson ought to eat out of clean plates.
- It is necessary, of course, for an individual to give some attention to his diet, cleanliness, and health in order that he may live his life and do his work.
- The neatness of the houses, and the universal cleanliness of the villages, show plainly that their inhabitants live in ease and good humour.
- They will frequently inspect their guns, emplacements, etc. They are responsible for cleanliness and maintenance of the emplacements.