clematisnoun [ C or U ]uk /ˈklem.ə.tɪs/ us /ˈklem.ə.t̬əs/ plural clematis
Thesaurus: synonyms and related words
You can also find related words, phrases, and synonyms in the topics:
Examples from literature
- A wild clematis is planted beside each rose and fills the top of the arch.
- Ivy and clematis climbed over the porches and twisted themselves round the low chimneys.
- The front porch of her white cottage was almost obscured by a white cloud of fragrant clematis in full blossom, and the yard was filled with roses and other flowers.
- They went slowly down the long path to the clematis arbor, and then turned back again, for it was not warm enough to sit down out of doors.
- With your permission, we must decide about the clematis trellis for the north wall without delay.