climate noun (WEATHER)
- The climate is cooler in the east of the country.
- Millions of years ago, changes in the earth's climate caused animal and plant life to diversify.
- The south of the country enjoys an equable climate.
- The low temperatures here are a function of the terrain as much as of the climate.
- As you go further south, you will notice a gradual change of climate.
climate noun (SITUATION)
- The current economic climate is particularly difficult for fledgling businesses.
- In a harsh economic climate, raises for teachers have become a lightning rod for criticism.
- The pending releases of the prisoners are meant to create a climate for negotiation.
- They operate in a climate of mutual suspicion.
- There is a climate of secrecy within the organization.