Thesaurus: synonyms and related words
Examples from literature
- Accordingly, the twelve cutting teeth of a horse are close-set and concentrated in the fore-part of its mouth, like so many adzes or chisels.
- Jack's mind was made up in a flash, but, even in the brief instant he hesitated, the stranger's keen, close-set eyes narrowed suspiciously.
- The close-set eyes were full of light, and the thin lips curved into a smile.
- Then she rose up while the old steward took the wine and tried to force it between the close-set teeth, and she called the farm servants to her.
- There was wild hatred in its close-set eyes, the snarl of something fiend-like in its contorted mouth.