closedadjectiveuk /kləʊzd/ us /kloʊzd/
closed adjective (NOT OPEN)
- The bank's closed now, but I can get some money out with my card.
- The restaurant is always closed on Wednesdays.
- The road was closed while the vehicles that had been involved in the accident were towed away.
- The hotel is closed during low season, i.e. from October to March.
- Is the kitchen door closed, so that the dog cannot get in?
- The road was closed all day by order of the police.
- Will patrons kindly note that this shop will be closed on 17 July.
closed adjective (ENDED)
closed adjective (NOT ACCEPTING IDEAS)