closelyadverbuk /ˈkləʊs.li/ us /ˈkloʊs-/
closely adverb (RELATIONSHIP)
- The euro has closely shadowed the dollar.
- Because they worked so closely in the same department, John was tarred with the same brush as Tim.
- He has been closely associated with the museum for many years.
- She has been closely associated with racist organizations in the past.
- We have remained closely in touch over the years.
closely adverb (CAREFULLY)
- attention span
- be good, and if you can't be good, be careful idiom
- be on (your) guard idiom
- hang on/upon sth
- have a care idiom
- have/keep your ear to the ground idiom
- hedge your bets idiom
- the/a glare of sth idiom
- tread carefully/gently/lightly idiom
- walk on eggs/eggshells idiom
closely adverb (SIMILAR)
closely adverb (SECRETIVE)
closely adverb (NEAR)