clothes basketnoun [ C ]uk /ˈkləʊðz ˌbɑː.skɪt/ us /ˈkloʊðz ˌbæs.kɪt/
Examples from literature
- At the end of the line is a clothes basket.
- Table linen, unless taken from the line while still moist, should be sprinkled very damp, folded evenly, rolled and wrapped in a white cloth, and placed in the clothes basket, which has been previously lined with an old sheet.
- They had tied the clothes basket to the rope running over the wheel.
- They used to hide in a big clothes basket very much like that one over there.
- Wesley took the clothes basket from the back porch and started in the direction of the cellar.