clovernoun [ U ]uk /ˈkləʊ.vər/ us /ˈkloʊ.vɚ/
Thesaurus: synonyms and related words
You can also find related words, phrases, and synonyms in the topics:
Examples from literature
- A firefly or so flickered brightly above the fields of clover.
- And he lies down on his back in a field of clover, and stares up at the sky.
- Bees hummed in the clover, and she began to sing with them, and her low, humming song melted into the roar of the storm.
- I must get into the shade, she said, climbed the fence, and, on the fragrant masses of red clover, threw herself down in the shade of the thorn tree.
- When clover is grown in short rotations, its power to destroy weeds is increased.