coach noun (TEACHER)
- The coach issued a diktat that all team members must attend early-morning practice.
- Our football coach has worked hard to inculcate a team spirit into the players.
- The world's number one tennis player and his coach parted company earlier this month.
- She's an excellent coach who knows how to get results.
- We got a rollicking from the coach at half time.
coach noun (VEHICLE)
We're going to the airport by coach.
a coach trip
- The teachers counted the students as they got on to the coach.
- The coach has air conditioning and reclining seats.
- The coach stopped for us to eat lunch but within half an hour we were on our way again.
- The pick-up point for the long-distance coaches is now in the new bus station.
- The coach, taking children on a school trip, careered down a slope and collided with a bank.