coal minernoun [ C ]uk /ˈkəʊl ˌmaɪ.nər/ us /ˈkoʊl ˌmaɪ.nɚ/
Examples from literature
- Coal miners, stunt people, oil platform workers, and zoo keepers can have accidents.
- Crime scene cleaners and stunt people are better paid than coal miners or fish gutters, but is that the most important thing?
- He couldn’t believe how hard it was for the coal miners.
- Less than one-tenth of the coal miners of the country were then organized.
- One hundred thousand or more coal miners obeyed the order to go on a strike.
- Rheumatism, too, is, with the exception of the Warwick and Leicestershire workers, a universal disease of the coal miners, and arises especially from the frequently damp working-places.