cockadenoun [ C ]uk /kɒkˈeɪd/ us /kɑːˈkeɪd/
Thesaurus: synonyms and related words
You can also find related words, phrases, and synonyms in the topics:
Examples from literature
- A pretty laced or tasselled handkerchief was also a favor and was worn like a cockade.
- He had shot the Colonel of the Swiss Guards through his cockade.
- His military hat had the black cockade.
- Men took off their caps, tore out the hated white cockades, trampled them under foot, and from pockets where they had concealed them for this very moment, they replaced them with the tricolor.
- One of the three was a woman, a peasant woman wearing the tri-color cockade, who was needed in Paris to give evidence against an aristocrat.