cockatoonoun [ C ]uk /ˌkɒk.əˈtuː/ us /ˈkɑː.kə.tuː/ plural cockatoos or cockatoo
Examples from literature
- Flights of cockatoos stream out, shrieking like evil souls.
- The conversation was interrupted by the screeching of a cockatoo on a stand in the back of the cabin.
- These quills were firmly fastened to the ends of the arrows, and their flight was guided by feathering them with the cockatoo's feathers.
- Two kangaroos, some wallabies, and pink and sulphur-crested white cockatoos were seen near the river.
- We saw here a number of new parrots, the black cockatoo, and numerous other birds.