coffee potnoun [ C ]uk /ˈkɒf.i ˌpɒt/ us /ˈkɑː.fi ˌpɑːt/
Examples from literature
- Coffee should not be allowed to boil long or stand in the coffee pot over a fire, as the tannin is extracted, which renders it more indigestible.
- Drowsily she watched him bending over frying pan and coffee pot, content herself to lie and rest.
- If you will fill the coffee pot and put it on to boil.
- She came back, carrying a tray with cups and a steaming coffee pot, and set it on the table.
- Tommy arrived some moments later with the coffee pot and other utensils.