cold adjective (LOW TEMPERATURE)
My feet are so cold.
It's freezing cold today.
- It's very cold so put a jumper on.
- "I'm cold." "Shall I close this window?"
- A blast of cold air hit him as he opened the window.
- We spent the day on the beach but it was too cold to go swimming.
- I had a cold chicken breast and salad for lunch.
cold adjective (UNFRIENDLY)
Thesaurus: synonyms and related words
You can also find related words, phrases, and synonyms in the topics:
noun [ U ] uk /ˈkəʊld.nəs/ us /ˈkoʊld.nəs/