collectverbuk /kəˈlekt/ us /kəˈlekt/
collect verb (AS A HOBBY)
collect verb (GET)
- I felt quite dizzy with excitement as I went up to collect the award.
- I've come to collect my tickets - I reserved them by phone yesterday.
- I'll tell you what - we'll collect the parcel on our way to the station.
- I collect her two daughters and take them to school with us every morning.
- I've taken most of our belongings to the new house, but there are a few things left to collect.
You can also find related words, phrases, and synonyms in the topics:
collect verb (BRING TOGETHER)
collect verb (GET MONEY)
collect verb (COME TOGETHER)
collect verb (CONTROL)
- be in command (of yourself) idiom
- cut your coat according to your cloth idiom
- mind over matter idiom
- moderation in all things idiom
- restrict yourself to sth
- rise above sth