color linenoun [ C usually singular ]uk /ˈkʌl.ə ˌlaɪn/ us /ˈkʌl.ɚ ˌlaɪn/ US US also color bar, UK colour bar
Thesaurus: synonyms and related words
Examples from literature
- He said he was very much opposed to the color line in politics.
- He saw, however, that commerce recognized no color line.
- If such a statement is wholly true, the color line can hardly be justified, but must be regarded, as it is now the case sometimes, as merely the expression of prejudice and ignorance.
- The uplift of women is, next to the problem of the color line and the peace movement, our greatest modern cause.
- This difference has largely disappeared, but some vestiges of the color line remain.