columbinenoun [ C ]uk /ˈkɒl.əm.baɪn/ us /ˈkɑː.ləm.baɪn/
Examples from literature
- Here I found my first columbine, the beautiful flower that is the emblem of Colorado.
- The columbine stands tall and still on those green slopes of shadowy grass.
- The most exquisite and finest of these columbines hid in the shaded nooks, star-sweet in the silent gloom of the woods.
- There's some big clumps o' columbine in th' garden.
- Without speaking she had run ahead to pick the white and blue columbines and pink roses.