combineverbuk /kəmˈbaɪn/ us /kəmˈbaɪn/
- Do you know why they've decided to combine the two departments?
- She manages to combine a sharp mind with a sympathetic manner.
- Government bonds are a sound investment because they combine good profits and high security.
- The dress combines stylish lines with an attractive floral print for a classically feminine look.
- As a songwriter, he combined a natural linguistic talent with an ear for a tune.
combinenounuk /ˈkɒm.baɪn/ us /ˈkɑːm.baɪn/
combine noun (GROUP)