comforternoun [ C ]uk /ˈkʌm.fə.tər/ us /ˈkʌm.fə.t̬ɚ/ US UK duvet
Examples from literature
- A red comforter had been thrown across him, and he wondered why.
- Additional blankets, pillows and comforters may be used in case of high fever.
- She had a big, rolled-up woolen-covered comforter in her arms, over which she nodded.
- Sheets, comforters and blankets should be shaken out, folded as for pack and laid on top of pillow until afternoon, each day.
- Then quickly and tightly cover with the blankets and comforters, tucking snugly from head to foot.