commentnoun [C or U]uk /ˈkɒm.ent/ us /ˈkɑː.ment/
- It was just a casual comment, I didn't mean it to be taken so seriously.
- The tutor's comments on my work were very apt and to the point.
- Her ridiculous comments provoked an outburst of anger from the boss.
- He made some derogatory comment about her appearance.
- The Minister was unavailable for comment last night.
commentverb [I or T]uk /ˈkɒm.ent/ us /ˈkɑː.ment/
- The minister has refused to comment on the allegations.
- I'd just like to comment on what your previous caller was saying.
- Britain's ambassador in Moscow has refused to comment.
- I only commented that she looked tired - I didn't mean to be rude.
- Let's watch the film first, and everyone will have an opportunity to comment at the end.