commissioned officernoun [ C ]uk /kəˌmɪʃ.ənd ˈɒf.ɪ.sər/ us /kəˌmɪʃ.ənd ˈɑː.fɪ.sɚ/
Examples from literature
- Arms shall not be taken down without proper supervision and by order of commissioned officer.
- It is right to add that no commissioned officer was present at the time.
- No active or commissioned officer does Secret Service work.
- Other sons had risen to the rank of commissioned officers, and their families formed the aristocracy of the neighbourhood.
- Seventeen commissioned officers were killed, and four mortally wounded.