committedadjectiveuk /kəˈmɪt.ɪd/ us /kəˈmɪt̬.ɪd/
- The whole family are committed vegetarians.
- We are committed to the ideal of equality.
- The prime minister has said that the government is committed to the preservation of the country's national interests.
- A committed socialist, he upheld the rights of the voiceless and the underprivileged.
- We are firmly committed to reducing unemployment.
- The whole family are committed nudists.
- They are committed to democracy, human rights and pluralism.