committeenoun [ C, + sing/pl verb ]uk /kəˈmɪt.i/ us /kəˈmɪt̬.i/
a committee meeting
- The committee is composed of MPs, doctors, academics and members of the public.
- The finance committee controls the school's budget.
- It took a lot of persuasion to convince the committee of the advantages of the new scheme.
- She has served on the committee for the last 15 years.
- In his capacity as secretary of the residents association, he regularly attends meetings of the community policing committee.
Thesaurus: synonyms and related words