commodenoun [ C ]uk /kəˈməʊd/ us /kəˈmoʊd/
Thesaurus: synonyms and related words
You can also find related words, phrases, and synonyms in the topics:
Examples from literature
- Commodes and screens were ornamented with Chinese lacquer, which had been imported by the Dutch and taken to Paris, after the French invasion of the Netherlands.
- I couldn't go without a commode.
- In France the variations of type were even more numerous than in England, and it is sometimes difficult to distinguish a commode from a buffet.
- There are beautiful examples of his work in many of the great collections of furniture, notably the wonderful commode in the Wallace collection.
- Two commodes, with ill-fitting lids, sufficed for ten men, and in the underground apartment to which we were condemned, and of which the ventilation was very indifferent, the conditions became nauseating.