communismnoun [U]also Communism uk /ˈkɒm.jə.nɪ.zəm/ us /ˈkɑː.m.jə.nɪ.zəm/
- The 1970s witnessed the first of the pop-star's dalliances with communism.
- Thanks to the collapse of communism the political antithesis between Left and Right is less important.
- The whole apparatus of communism was already falling apart.
- Marx was the progenitor of communism.
- There are few true believers in communism left in the party.
- Until about 1991, the Eastern bloc was the Soviet Union and the communist countries of eastern Europe.
- They were discussing the best way to foster democracy and prosperity in the former communist countries.
- She blames her country's economic collapse on 40 years of communist misrule.
- Both countries had recently thrown off the communist yoke.
- He is a committed communist.