communitynoun [ C, + sing/pl verb ]uk /kəˈmjuː.nə.ti/ us /kəˈmjuː.nə.t̬i/
Drug trafficking is a matter of considerable concern for the entire international community (= all the countries of the world).
the community [ S ]
- Her death is a grievous loss to the whole of the community.
- Her ideas have attracted a lot of attention in the scientific community.
- In this school, most of the children are from the Chinese community.
- The poorest sections of the community have much worse health.
- The tragedy has shocked this close-knit rural community.
Thesaurus: synonyms and related words