comparativenoun [C]uk /kəmˈpær.ə.tɪv/ us /-ˈper.ə.t̬ɪv/ specialized
- 'Older' is the comparative, not the superlative, of 'old'.
- Not all adjectives form the comparative by adding 'er' - some are irregular.
- For homework we have a list of comparatives and superlatives to learn.
- Yes, the comparative of 'quick' is 'quicker', but the comparative of the adverb 'quickly' is 'more quickly'.
- This dictionary shows comparatives and superlatives if they are irregular, like 'better' (the comparative of 'good').
- 'Better' is the comparative of 'good'.
comparativeadjectiveuk /kəmˈpær.ə.tɪv/ us /-ˈper.ə.t̬ɪv/
comparative adjective (EXAMINING DIFFERENCES)
comparative adjective (WORD FORM)