compensationnounuk /ˌkɒm.penˈseɪ.ʃən/ us /ˌkɑːm-/
compensation noun (MONEY)
- She admitted her company's responsibility for the disaster and went on to explain how compensation would be paid to the victims.
- The small amount of compensation is a further source of grievance to the people forced to leave their homes.
- Going to court to obtain compensation is a long process.
- You'll have to spend a small fortune in legal fees if you decide to sue for compensation.
- We were given five hundred pounds in compensation which isn't much but at least it's something.
compensation noun (EXCHANGE)
compensation noun (JOB PAYMENT)