competeverb [I]uk us /kəmˈpiːt/
- Men and women ought to be able to compete for jobs on an equal footing.
- The company has to be able to compete globally.
- The company lacks the marketing muscle to compete with drug giants.
- We're only a small business and don't have the capital to compete with the big boys.
- For the magazine to be successful, it will have to compete in the big league against leading weekly women's magazines.
You can also find related words, phrases, and synonyms in the topics: