The two companies are in competition with each other.
Why are you jealous of her? She's no competition!
the competition [ S ]
- The couple skated spectacularly throughout the competition.
- Win the house of your dreams in our fantastic competition!
- There have been a huge number of entries for this year's poetry competition.
- The prize money for literary competitions can be as high as £40 000.
- England has to win tonight's qualifying match to go through to the next round of the competition.
Thesaurus: synonyms and related words