competitornoun [ C ]uk /kəmˈpet.ɪ.tər/ us /kəmˈpet̬.ə.t̬ɚ/
- Only one competitor made a clear jump of the highest fence .
- Their million-pound bid for the company was trumped at the last moment by an offer for almost twice as much from their main competitor.
- Companies saddled with high debt have become inviting targets for cash-rich competitors.
- The retail group outbid all three competitors for space in the shopping centre.
- The payoff for years of research is a microscope which performs better than all of its competitors.