complainverb [ I ]uk /kəmˈpleɪn/ us /kəmˈpleɪn/
You're always complaining!
- Over three hundred listeners phoned in to complain about the programme.
- Teachers complain that more of their time is taken up with administration than with teaching.
- They were afraid to complain about the noise in case they annoyed the neighbours.
- She was complaining about all the sex and violence on television.
- After her fall she complained that she couldn't bend her leg properly.
Thesaurus: synonyms and related words
adverb uk /kəmˈpleɪ.nɪŋ.li/ us /kəmˈpleɪ.nɪŋ.li/