composernoun [ C ]uk /kəmˈpəʊ.zər/ us /kəmˈpoʊ.zɚ/
- The composer Strauss was once challenged to a duel.
- The famous jazz musician, Duke Ellington, was a composer, arranger and pianist.
- As a composer, he was up there with the best.
- In my opinion, no other composers even begin to approach Mozart.
- Beethoven, Schumann and Chopin were leading Romantic composers.
Examples from literature
- He went on to become one of the world’s greatest composers.
- The composer Vivaldi was born there.
- The composer composed 15 pieces of music for a new musical.
- The famous 18th-century composer Mozart, for example, wrote part of one of his songs for the piano to sound like the song of his pet bird.
- There are many composers and lyricists who became famous for making music for Broadway shows.
- Venice’s most famous composer is probably Antonio Vivaldi.
- His assistance to Wagner at this stage in that composer's career cannot be overestimated.
- In closing, it may not be amiss to express the wish that the compositions of women composers could be heard more frequently than they are at present.
- It is difficult to learn anything of the boyhood and youth of this rare French composer.
- So, at the age of fifty-five, this great composer for the first time ceased to be anxious on the score of his livelihood.
- The country has none the less produced some noticeable composers during the past century.