compositornoun [ C ]uk /kəmˈpɒz.ɪ.tər/ us /kəmˈpɑː.zɪ.t̬ɚ/
Thesaurus: synonyms and related words
You can also find related words, phrases, and synonyms in the topics:
Examples from literature
- Fifty compositors were busily setting up a book which the ordinance of the government had decisively forbidden under heavy penalties.
- He could not earn much as a compositor, but his wants were simple and he could earn something.
- He soon mastered the compositor's art, became a remarkably rapid composer.
- I found the editor and his compositor labouring over the next edition of the paper.
- The letters, two W's, were so skilfully entwined, that even a compositor—and compositors are people who can read almost anything—would have been puzzled to decipher it.