compressornoun [ C ]uk /kəmˈpres.ər/ us /kəmˈpres.ɚ/
Examples from literature
- Economical results are attained with this compressor at low cost of construction.
- For the more remote pumps, air will be supplied by smaller air compressors located within passenger stations.
- Q. What will cause the compressor to run hot?
- This hydraulic compressor seems to have a certain charm about it, which has resulted in its adoption in Germany, France and Belgium, and by one of the largest mines in the United States.
- While the volume of compressed air furnished by this compressor would be somewhat reduced by the restriction of the water, yet the increase in speed which was obtained without any increase of power fully compensated for the clearance loss.