concentrateverbuk /ˈkɒn.sən.treɪt/ us /ˈkɑːn.sən.treɪt/
concentrate verb (GIVE ATTENTION)
- I couldn't concentrate on my work - my mind was on other things.
- She was concentrating on her book and his voice startled her.
- Just try to concentrate on hitting the ball.
- I can't concentrate because of all the noise the builders are making.
- It's a good film, but the plot is very complicated and you really have to concentrate.
- attention span
- be good, and if you can't be good, be careful idiom
- be on (your) guard idiom
- handle/treat sb with kid gloves idiom
- hang on/upon sth
- have a care idiom
- have/keep your ear to the ground idiom
- take note of sth idiom
- the/a glare of sth idiom
- tread carefully/gently/lightly idiom
- walk on eggs/eggshells idiom
concentrate verb (COME TOGETHER)
concentrate verb (REMOVE WATER)
concentratenoun [C or U]uk /ˈkɒn.sən.treɪt/ us /ˈkɑːn.sən.treɪt/
You can also find related words, phrases, and synonyms in the topics: