concentrationnounuk /ˌkɒn.sənˈtreɪ.ʃən/ us /ˌkɑːn-/
concentration noun (ATTENTION)
- This is a very difficult piece of music to play - it demands a lot of concentration.
- Heart surgery exacts tremendous skill and concentration.
- The job demands a high level of concentration.
- Hyperactive children often have poor concentration and require very little sleep.
- Even a low level of noise interferes with my concentration.
- attention span
- be good, and if you can't be good, be careful idiom
- be on (your) guard idiom
- handle/treat sb with kid gloves idiom
- hang on/upon sth
- have a care idiom
- have/keep your ear to the ground idiom
- take note of sth idiom
- the/a glare of sth idiom
- tread carefully/gently/lightly idiom
- walk on eggs/eggshells idiom
concentration noun (AMOUNT)